MONEY TRANSFER THROUGH WESTERN UNION
The safest easiest and fastest way to transfer money from anywhere in the world to India is through Western Union Money Transfer, for payment at Weizmann Forex Ltd., locations as authorized by Reserve Bank of India. Western Union Financial Services Intl., USA is the largest and most trusted service provider in the world and has been in existence since 1871, for immediate pay-out in 200 countries including India. Weizmann Forex Limited is a Principal Agent and also is the market leader in Money Transfer in terms of Network size. Weizmann Forex has also more than 35000 agent partner locations spread across Rural as well as Urban India .To send money to someone in India then make sure, you do it through Western Union Money Transfer and through Weizmann Forex Limited locations /agent partner locations for payment.
SAFE: The person you are sending money to, will receive it just minutes after you have sent it to any of the Weizmann Forex Limited locations. Each transaction is protected by Western Union Money Transfer, World class security systems and is electronically remitted thus ensuring that the money is paid out immediately and to the Right recipient in India.
EASY: The sender goes to any Western Union location, deposits the money he/she wishes to send, fills up a “To Send Money Form” pays the charges and receives an 10 Digit Numeric code called as MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) .The MTCN is communicated to the Receiver in India who in turns can visit any of the Weizmann Forex Limited Location with a Valid Photo –Identification. .The amount would be paid in cash/ cheque as per the RBI Guidelines.
LEGAL: Money Transfer through Western Union is totally legal and authorized by Reserve Bank of India.
RBI GUIDELINES FOR WESTERN UNION PAYMENTS IN INDIA
- Money can be received in India up to a maximum of 2,500 USD or equivalent per transaction.
- Cash pay out in India up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- per transaction. Any amount above this has to be paid through local cheque or pay order.
- Foreign nationals who produce their passport, full amount in INR can be paid in cash.
For foreign nationals also, the maximum amount cannot be exceeded equivalent amount of 2,500 USD.
- Individuals can receive only 30 transactions in a calendar year.
- All remittances are for personal purposes only or for foreign tourists visiting India.
- Minors cannot be paid Western Union transaction.
- No commercial transaction can be paid through this mode of transfer.
- Outbound money transfer through this channel is not allowed.